Happy belated Christmas!
If this blog and its posts was any indication of how depressed I was feeling this year, then I hope that 2014 brings much more joy.
While it’s obvious things could have been better, at least it wasn’t the end of my world. From all the screw ups, disappointments and personal failures, I am actually thankful for many things.
Here they are:
1. I got an internship out of town. Turns out I’ll be doing more than I expected.
2. I didn’t lose power during the massive ice storm in 2013.
3. I have mustered up the courage to speak to my crush…even if that still needs more work
4. I took a trip on my own to visit my sister and my relatives
5. I got a lot closer to people I would have never imagined
6. Got to see my favorite band Vampire Weekend play
8. I managed to help create a documentary this year with a great group of people.
9. My mini doc on the men’s rights movement has also gained over 2000 hits on YouTube and is still counting.
10. Got to experience the craziness of a moshpit
11. Met many new friends.
12. Got straight A’s this semester
13. Managed to get a 90 on an essay I didn’t spend much time on
14. Read a ton of memoirs and managed to learn quite a bit. Comedians also have the best advice!!
15. Experienced my first album listening party hosted by a famous person… Childish Gambino
16. My tweet/photo was also featured in an article
18. I was published in a national newspaper.
19. My broadcast feature on student entrepreneurs that got a 95 percent
20. I got a tour of the CBC
21. Finally read a book that was relatable to me and my culture (I highly recommend American Born Chinese)
22. Got three pairs of pants for under 40 dollars…I think that is a good deal
23. My parents for always supporting me even if they get annoying
24. My sister for doing the same even if I think people are more interested about her studies than mine. She does put lotion on my back…after all!
26. My extended family…who I don’t get to see all the time. 21 cousins = lots of love.
27. Getting better at expressing my opinions…because this is a step to making me a more confident person. Thanks Toastmasters.
28. Rejection…because it makes me stronger
29. ANDPOP…for being an amazing job
30. Tutoring… Because it helps me interact with kids and become a better leader
32. RUtv News, for giving me a bigger network to collaborate with other people
35. Beyonce…for releasing a surprise album that is undeniably feminist
36. Suey Park..for speaking out on Asian-American issues with a feminist perspective
37. One Direction…for providing so much joy.
38. Parks and Recreation…for still being on air
39. Benedict Cumberbatch and Ryan Gosling…for being so handsome and talented.
41. Vampire Weekend…because listening to them gives me a lot of happiness
42. For exercise…you are a love/hate relationship even though you keep me sane
43. For great aunts and uncles…for loving me unconditionally even before I met you
44. Movies because they just know what to do to help kill time
45. Contests…because I’ve won some awesome prizes this year
46. Tumblr…even though I think that website makes me lose a bit of faith in humanity
47. Rush lines…because I would have never got to see Gravity if I hadn’t waited for four hours
48. The Origami…for making me realize that a small. Friend friend online publication can allow me to be more flexible in my mini documentaries
49. Yo is this Racist? Podcast for teaching me that there’s a lot to be angry about…and for good reason.
50. To all of you…who read my blog and got through this post without falling asleep